ISTANBUL MEDIPOL UNIVERSITY LANGUAGE SCHOOL
2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
ONLINE END-OF-YEAR EXAMINATION TEST GUIDELINES
DATE AND TIME OF END-OF-YEAR EXAM HAVE BEEN UPDATED !
THE END-OF-THE-YEAR EXAMINATION WILL BE HELD ON JUNE 15 2020 BETWEEN 13:00-16:00.
As stated below, the Online End-of-Year Examination will be held via MEBIS between 13:00-16:00 on June 15, 2020. In order to avoid any drawbacks, students are required to have access to a computer and Internet during these hours. Those who are unable to meet the appropriate conditions for the examination will be able to receive support from schools affiliated with the Ministry of Education upon written demand if they cannot get the required equipment from the universities where they are located, on the condition that they provide documentation. The announcement by the Council of Higher Education dated May 27, 2020 states that solutions will be provided in this regard.
To access the related announcement by the Council of Higher Education: https://www.yok.gov.tr/Sayfalar/Haberler/2020/universitelerde-dijital-sinavlarin-temel-ilkeleri.aspx
We will conduct Online Oral Make-up Exams for students who are unable to get support from any institutions.
Even though Istanbul Medipol University feels certain that its students will not resort to any unethical means in their exams, so as to avoid injustice in exceptional circumstances the exam board reserves its right to invite the students to the university campus to re-take the exam with a proctor if the board is of the opinion that the written part of the exam has been done by another person.
- This guideline will be published on Istanbul Medipol University website on June 4, 2020.
- Istanbul Medipol University Language School Online End-of-the-year Examination will be applied in the form of a take-home exam with limited time as proposed by the university examination board.
- The exam session will begin on June 15 2020 at 13:00 on MEBIS. All students are required to have accessed MEBIS before the time of the exam.
- The related reading passages and exam questions will be provided for the student via MEBIS and the questions will be answered by the student on a single Word document.
- The Word document with the answers to the questions will be uploaded by the student onto MEBIS by 16:00, which is the exam finishing time. The examination session on MEBIS will close at 16:00 and it will not be possible to upload documents after that time.
- IT supervisors and unit supervisors will carry out the exam preparations and checks before the exam.
- The examination guidelines will be published on Istanbul Medipol University Language School website in Turkish, Arabic and English.
- The necessary instructions will be provided by the class advisor instructors to make sure that students read the “2019-2020 Preparatory Programme Online End-of-the-year Examination Guideline” before the exam.
- The duration of the exam is planned as 3 (three) hours (180 minutes), which will start on Monday June 15 2020 at 13:00 and end at 16:00.
- The students will be given 3 (three) reading passages, of which they will select one and answer the three questions about the passage that they have selected.
- The students will be asked 3 (three) separate questions based on the reading passage. All three questions will be answered on the same Word document.
- Students are required to have finished their exams and uploaded their exam papers (namely their Word documents) onto the related section on MEBIS by 16:00. Students can only upload one document.
- The exam results will be announced on MEBIS.
- Instructions regarding how to upload the exam on MEBİS:
- The exam consists of three reading passages and three questions for each.
- Select one of these three passages and write your answers to the three questions related to that passage.
- Please specify which text you have selected in the relevant field.
- The exam duration is 180 minutes.
- The Online end of Year Exam will consist of 3 tasks:
Finding the main idea of the selected passage and expressing it in writing (25-30 words, 10 points)
Writing a summary of the selected passage (120-150 words, 30 points)
Essay writing (300-400 words, 60 points)
- Remember to write your personal information (name, surname, student number, department) on the relevant part at the top of your answer sheet.
- Do not seek help from another person during the exam.
- Do not plagiarise (using somebody else’s work, copy/paste from the Internet, getting somebody else to write it for you) during the exam.
- Your answers will be checked through a plagiarism software and your exam will be invalid in case of plagiarism. If the exam board is of the opinion that the written part of the exam has been done by another person, the board reserves its right to invite the student in question to the university campus to retake the exam with a proctor.
- Access to the exam will be open between the Exam Start Time and Exam Finish Time.
- Even though Istanbul Medipol University feels certain that its students will not resort to any unethical means in their exams, so as to avoid injustice in exceptional circumstances the exam board reserves its right to invite the students to the university campus to re-take the exam with a proctor if the board is of the opinion that the written part of the exam has been done by another person.
For Arabic :